We welcome carers of any background and circumstance
You can foster:
- if you're over 21
- if you have a spare bedroom
- if you have your own children, or have never had children
- if you're single, married or have a partner
- if you're claiming benefits or in work
- regardless of your cultural background or sexual orientation
- if you live in rented housing or own your own home
- beyond retirement, as long as you can keep up with children
Why foster with Dorset Council?
We're focused on finding local foster carers for local children. We always try to keep children and young people within the local area and make sure siblings find a home where they can stay together.
As a foster carer with Dorset Council you will benefit from:
Already a registered foster carer?
If you're already a registered foster carer for another local authority or independent fostering agency and you're thinking of transferring to Dorset Council we'd be delighted to hear from you.
The transition is straight-forward, and we can fast-track you through it, you'll soon be fostering local children.